Sunday 29 March 2015

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Hello!
So for my next post I am writing a book review! The book I am reading right now is Matched by Ally Condie. It is set in the future and our protagonist is Cassia. The world is really interesting and almost made me believe our world could turn into something similar in the future.


The book starts off with Cassia attending the Match banquet because in this world everyone who would like to be is 'matched' which means the society chooses who they marry. Cassia's match turns out to be Xander, her best friend but for a moment the face of another boy turns up and of course...the love triangle appears!

I'm not going to spoil the rest of the book for you but at first first I thought Matched would be another typical dystopian story. However the world is really believable and some parts made me really sad because it made me believe that I could live in a world where everything is controlled to the last tiny detail.

Overall this book was quite similar to other Young Adult dystopian books like Delirium by Lauren Oliver but it really made me think. It dragged a bit in a few places but it was quite easy to read and I think I would give it a 7.5/10. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a dystopian book that hasn't read too many other books in this crowded genre.

Bye!
Josie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment